FAA Approves Part 23 Rewrite

[FONT=&quot]FAA Issues Final Rule on Small Airplane Safety Certification Standards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rule will streamline approval of new technologies[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On December 16, 2016, the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) issued a final rule that overhauls the airworthiness standards for small general aviation airplanes. This innovative rule will reduce the time it takes to move safety enhancing technologies for small airplanes into the marketplace and will also reduce costs for the aviation industry.[/FONT]

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain
    It is great to see that the FAA hasn't forgotten about us "little" guys and is willing to rewrite the FARs to accommodate us.
  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    Hi Jeff, right you are! BTW, where is Warrensburg? While I live in Milwaukee now, I grew up in Evanston and went to school in Carbondale about a century ago. :)

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Warrensburg is about 10 miles west of Decatur in central Illinois. I also went to SIUC for aviation management and graduated in 2014.
    Very cool! I visited SIUC about ten years ago and had a great time. Congrats on the aviation mgt degree. It should serve you very well! :) Happy New Year

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

Happy new year to you and everyone at Cessna Owner Magazine!
    Thanks Jeff, same to you! Stay warm, it's January :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!