POH confusion

Looking for advise: just purchased a 1967 150G that came with what looks to be the original POH, although it has pages where inserts are glued over. I have found and downloaded a few "free" POH copies but there are troubling differences (e.g., ceiling and at sea level climb out) speeds that give me pause.

That said, does Cessna still offer official "POH" manuals for aircraft this old?

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Good morning and thanks for writing. I contacted Cessna yesterday about your request. I've received an acknowledgement of my question but no answer yet. Please stand by!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Hi, just letting you know that I'm still waiting on a response from Cessna. You can try www.eflightmanuals.com and www.essco.com, too.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott! Also looking for a good checklist. I've purchased a few, downloaded a few and they're all over the place! Appreciate your help.
    Best

Here's the only solution to the checklist problem that has ever worked for me. Having owned 8 airplanes over 50 years, I've purchased and downloaded some checklists just as you have, but they're never right. So I created a Microsoft Word document and typed the factory checklist in its entirety. I print it and put it in a plastic cover that I got at Office Max. Then, on every flight I start marking it up. I bring it home, reprint it and put it back in the plane. Flight by flight it gets better and better and after a few flights it will be good! If you add or change a piece of equipment you'll wind up updating your checklist. This has been the only way to get a great, custom checklist, at least for me. Good luck!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I found a similar thing when I bought my 1966 172g. The checklist in the poh was pretty minimal. No CGUMPS for instance before landing, no check ATIS, no real specific emergency procedures etc.. So I used the one that my old flight school used for the 152s and 172s and combined them with the specifics found in my POH for V speeds etc.. As Scott mentioned I then revised it each time I flew. I added small things like turn off headset to save battery. Once I was happy I had the pages laminated and spiral bound into a book for a few dollars at an office max store.

Excellent! Great minds think alike, lol. Last month I added the headset battery check and turn off to my checklist. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• @drtalley62 said:
    Looking for advise: just purchased a 1967 150G that came with what looks to be the original POH, although it has pages where inserts are glued over. I have found and downloaded a few "free" POH copies but there are troubling differences (e.g., ceiling and at sea level climb out) speeds that give me pause.

That said, does Cessna still offer official "POH" manuals for aircraft this old?

@drtalley62 said:

• Yes, call and they will send you official copy. My 1980 185F cost me $378

Ouch! That's alot, but at least you can get one.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!