New Temperature Low In Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
edited January 2019 in General Discussion

You know you're in trouble when you turn on the weather channel and see Mike Seidel or Jim Cantore in your home town. That's where they are today, January 30, 2019, though. The temperature recorded as I write this is -24 degrees Fahrenheit. The Dew Point is -27F and the wind chill is -44F. I think this is the lowest temperature I've seen in my lifetime. This weekend the temp is supposed to climb to +41F. That will be the highest temperature climb in my lifetime; 74 degrees F. Wow, not the kind of record I ever wanted to see. :) How is it where you are?

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain

In central Illinois we were also hit with this brutal cold snap. Makes me want to throw a blanket on the C-175 to keep it warm.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Sounds like a great idea! I would do the same thing but there's 18 inches of frozen solid snow and ice in front of my hangar. I think I'll just stay home for a while, lol. Stay warm!

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain

You might be able to get into your hangar by April. :smiley:

A few days ago we were -25F. Tomorrow we're going to be >45F! That's a swing of almost 70 degrees, OMG! I'm going to run out to the airport and see if I can get the snow and ice away from the hangar. :) Stay tuned, lol

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• That’s why I don’t live up north

Gary

Gary Van Dyke

Where do you live, Gary?

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!