EAA AirVenture Day One Done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAA AirVenture Day One Done!

It's been a long and happy day at Oshkosh, Wisconsin, home of EAA and AirVenture. Today it was sunny and 65 degrees when I arrived at 8am. It peaked at about 73 degrees with a light breeze and low humidity. I dropped in at the display area of our favorite company, Textron/Cessna. I left drool marks on my favorite airplanes, a 172, 182, TTx and a Citation M2. What fantastic airplanes! Dynon sent out a press release stating what we've been waiting along time for: They've entered the Certified aircraft market. Garmin and Aspen are going to get a run for their money, methinks. TKM has a new MX-155 slide in radio replacement for the Bendix-King KX-155. All in all, a great day!
    Best regards,

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot

Forum Moderator and Contributing Author
    Cessna Owners Organization

I'm excited to see a slide in replacement for the KX-155. Maybe this will convince me to upgrade my plane to have a glideslope.
    Jeff Owen A&P/CFI
    1959 Cessna 175A with GO-300C based at KAAA
    Warrensburg, Illinois
    Owner of J-GO Aviation LLC
    www.facebook.com/jgoaviationllc

Comment

Jeff, I got to play with it and it's a great radio. I'll be getting one of the first for a product review article sometime in the next few months. This new radio has lots of hidden features that haven't been announced. One: It's a computer controlled, software driven nav/com. That means that software updates will be available to improve functionality as it matures. Also two: There's blue-tooth for cell phone and headset connectivity. It looks great and performs well. I recommend it highly.
      Best regards,

Scott Sherer
      FAA Master Pilot

Comment

Sounds awesome! I cannot wait to see the price and all of the features!
        Jeff Owen A&P/CFI
        1959 Cessna 175A with GO-300C based at KAAA
        Warrensburg, Illinois
        Owner of J-GO Aviation LLC
        www.facebook.com/jgoaviationllc

Comment

Check out http://tkmavionics.com/ for details!

Best regards,

Scott Sherer
          FAA Master Pilot

Comment

Working...
          X