Hinge Pins

Scott, you know anybody that has replaced door hinge pins with the clevis pin option? And a part number? See attachment Attachment not found.
door.pdf 197.5K

Comments

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain
    I believe the pull pin style is S1426-2.
  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    HI Mark, does J-go's answer work for you or should I research further?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• [h=1]MS20392-1C57 , I believe after my web search. $1.13 / ea :)[/h]
    Perfect! I think you can handle $1.13! :) Thanks for sharing the information.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Hi Mark,
    Are you doing this project yourself or are you having an A&P assist? For an A&P this should be a simple project, one he's probably done a few times before. Just curious.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I just took some arc welding rod and bent A nice hoop in the top and it works great.
  • HESSAEROHESSAERO Comml SEL/MEL, Inst, A&P/IA

When I took the doors off our 182 to install new door seals, our old door hinge pins looked worn to me. I just bought the correct part number clevis pins, probably from McFarlane, to replace the old ones. On our 1981 R182 the correct part number is 0711038-1. The Cessna part sells for about $45, the McFarlane PMA part, which comes with a cotter pin, is about $5 less.
    When we were having some radios installed a couple years ago, the lead at the radio shop complimented mefor having real clevis pins on the doors. It seems that he was used to seeing Cessnas with cotter pins in place of clevis pins. That is not a mod I'd sign off on. The shear strength of a cotter pin is only a fraction of the shear strength of a steel clevis pin. The cotter pin does not feel like an airworthy substitute.
    Years ago I flew a 172 some for aerial photography. That airplane had an STC for a single safety cable that extended through both door hinges. The cable had a big finger loop on the top to make it easy to pull for removing the door for photography, etc. I liked that mod, but don't plan to fly my R182 with the door off.

Thanks for the post. Alot of owners take short cuts with repairs. Fortunately, most of them work out okay. Happy Holidays.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!