TKM's New MX-155 NavCom (KX-155 Replacement) Now Available

Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
At EAA AirVenture today I visited with Vic Casebolt from TKM Avionics, makers of Narco Nav/Com 11, 111, 120, 12, King KX-170 Series, ARC RT300/500 series, ARC RT385 and 485 series of compatible radios. TKM has been working on a King KX-155 replacement radio that you may have read about in the pages of our magazine as written by our avionics guru Bob Hart. Bob and I together visited with Vic and asked him how the new radio was going. We were presented with a finished radio powered up and ready to work. We used it and it's nothing short of amazing. They are now taking orders and will start shipping in August, 2018, just a couple of weeks away. The price will be in the $3,500 neighborhood. If you've been waiting for this radio you can see it at www.tkmavionics.com or call them at (800) 233-4183. Their email is customerservice@tkmavionics.com.

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    Hi all, I just had a correcting email from Vic at TKM. They are delivering experimental MX-155's at the moment. Certified models are coming soon! Sorry for the incorrect info.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain
    This is definitely my solution when my KX155 goes out. Looks like a really nice radio!
  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

I've contacted TKM for an update on their new MX-155. Here's what I got this morning:

I apologize I didn’t get back to you, I remember seeing your email and must have gotten caught up with something. I hope you’re doing well, we’re doing great. We’ve been working hard on getting the first Experimental MX155’s built. We’ve shipped out our first 3 batches, mainly to Europe. We’re getting a lot of great feedback so far. We are still working through certification…. no timeline to report at this time.

Best,

Vic Casebolt
    TKM Avionics
    Phone: (480) 351-8414
    Email: vicc@tkmavionics.com

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!