Bob Fields Aerocessories Inflatable Door Seals

Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Almost all of my 8 airplanes over the last 40+ years have had inflatable door seals from Bob Fields. Some were manually inflatable and some automatic. Over the last decade or so I have contacted the company on numerous occasions and not gotten a response. I have called and emailed at least once a year and I've reported on this forum that they seemed to be out of business. In fact, Aircraft Spruce and other companies have stopped carrying their products. However, their website remains online. About a month ago I contacted them again. I wasn't expecting anything in return. However, Chris Fields, the Founder's son, called me right away and we spent an hour chatting on the phone. They are indeed in business and I ordered inflatable door seals for my plane. And guess what! They arrived today! So now I have to get them installed and like many airplanes that I have owned in the past, I'm going to have a totally quiet, air-leak proof airplane. I can't wait! www.ultimatedoorseals.com if you're interested.

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• poor web site.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Apparently they're having lots of problems. I talked to the owner at length about 2 years ago or so. The son took over from the father. Great company history but not doing so well now, unfortunately.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!