Avionics upgrades 172

Hi folks. Probably not a new question but I'm adding new avionics to my very basic VFR panel on a 172g that's in excellent condition. My goal is to use it to get my IFR ticket then cross country trips in and around Michigan. Here's what I'm planning on adding. 2 garmin G5 units. Garmin 345 transponder and GNS 650. I'm also pulling out vacuum pump and older AI and DG. I've priced out Anydine/aspen and it's more expensive. Open to recommendations and suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

It sounds like you've chosen a great configuration :) In a couple of years you can add a Garmin G500 autopilot. That's all you're missing. Nice job! When you're done, make sure you post before and after pics on this forum. We all appreciate the hard work and $$$ that go into a new panel.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks. Yes adding the C500 is on the list for the future. Right now the lowest quote, which is also from the shop I like the best, is around $28k. Included pulling vacuum pump and old gauges and a custom metal panel. I'll put up pics when it's done.

You're going to have an awesome airplane! I can't wait to see the pics.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Which avionics shop are you using ?

• Priced it out at Heinen Avionic in Adrian mi. Currently still saving for the upgrade.

OK, thanks.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!