Stratux ADS-B Product Review

Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
edited December 2018 in Avionics

Hi everyone,
If you don't have an ADS-B In receiver yet and you're on a budget (and who isn't?), I may have the ADS-B In receiver for you. This product is named Stratux (http://www.Stratux.me) and it comes in either a kit or pre-built. The pre-built unit is available from the previously listed website or Amazon.com and includes everything you need to turn on ADS-B traffic and weather on your IOS, Android or Windows device. Here's a list of known applications that are compatible: FlyQ EFB, Naviator, AvNav, Foreflight, WingX, Avare, FltPlan Go, DroidEFB, AerovieReports, AvPlan EFB, iFly GPS, Droid EFB, OzRunways EFB and GRT Avionics. Not surprisingly it does not work with Garmin Pilot.
This device weighs less than a pound, has suction cups to stick to a rear window, battery pack (you can plug it into a USB power plug or cigarette lighter socket with a USB power converter available for about $20) and case. I have Foreflight in my plane on an IPad mini that's connected to both my Avidyne 540 for flight plan information and my Garmin 345 transponder for ADS-B traffic and weather. On the IPad I switched my Bluetooth connection from the Garmin transponder to the Stratux ADS-B In receiver. You really can't tell the difference between the two devices. Same weather, same traffic. $239.99 for the Stratux, built and in your hands in five days or less. How can you beat this? A+

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!