ADS-B Count Down

Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

It kind of feels like I'm saying "360 shopping days until Christmas" but here goes: We're in the final stretch for ADS-B Out. How are you doing?

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• jackclerfjackclerf Flight Attendant

Ordered skyBeacon and adoptive fairing for 172N. Received skyBeacon but waiting on fairing.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Thanks so much for sharing your info, Jack. I've been watching the SkyBeacon product and yours is the first to see installed. Can you take some pics and post on our forums? Thanks again!

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Finally received adaptive fairing for 172N and after some trimming to get it to fit wingtip and get mounting plane so it is close to the vertical and horizontal, got skyBeacon installed. Two things to consider:
    1. Make sure fairing is far enough forward relative to 6-32 threaded inserts in wingtip so the skyBeacon will line up with both the inserts and mounting face of fairing.
    2. And the threaded inserts on my wingtip had become set over time at an angle that was not perpendicular to the mounting face of fairing. I had to make allowances for that when drilling mounting holes in fairing and had to gently work inserts to line up with screws passing through SkyBeacon. I'll see what my IA thinks of my work. Hopefully I got photos properly attached.

Look very nice! I think you did a great job. What was it like to configure? (Note: Don't forget to connect those wires, lol)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Hello Scott. Having trouble logging into Piper Owners site, and no new info from Cessna owners last few days?
    Thanks

Hi Kent, thanks for the info. What are you experiencing on POS site? Invalid userid and password? Please advise.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Yes, invalid pw...log in. Thanks

Got wingtip installed and SkyBeacon configured. Configuration was straight forward and monitor page showed all numbers within parameters. Taking plane and paperwork(filled in Form 337 using uAvionix template) over to IA for sign-off and will have to wait for weather to cooperate for certification flight.

Kent, did you use the "forgot userid and/or password" function?

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

Jack, thanks for the update on SkyBeacon.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott, yes. No email arrived..

OK Kent. Stand by.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• No problem. Thank you

Hi Kent, I've notified our customer service/ IT folks. You should be contacted on Wednesday morning.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!