Stratus ESG transponder comes through comm

Help! Is anyone else fighting with this? On my second shop and after thousands of $ I'm told by Stratus "they are aware of the problem" but have no fix.

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Stratus is a reliable company, give them a call directly tomorrow.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain

How does it feed through the comm? Noise in the headset?

• Yes you hear it through the headset or speaker but the question is how is the transponder "pulse" getting into the system. We've made some progress but the time and $ is significant while Stratus has declined any responsibility.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

The older audio panel that you have is most likely unfiltered and that's what your problem probably is. You can certainly buy new equipment (which you'd love, but alas isn't free) or you can spend a very small amount and probably fix the problem. In addition to being a pilot and aircraft owner, I'm also a ham radio guy and I'm trained in this issue. In fact, I have this issue at home. The attached link shows filters that your avionics shop can use to wrap around the wiring going into your audio panel. My guess is that you'd have a greater than 50 percent chance that this will solve the problem. Here's the link: https://www.dxengineering.com/search?keyword=torroid&SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!