Engine Heater Remote Start

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an engine heater remote start?

Thanks,

Mehrdad

Comments

• I have read of such a system on the Cirrus Owners site Will research and post.

• Found the name...SwitchBox. One can use their cell phone to turn on/off.

• SwitchBoxControl.com

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Here's a link to several options. I like the cell phone option for those with no internet service. If you have internet you have more options but I haven't covered them here. Does this help?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• My Tannis Operation Manual says it is for continual use, and I get a bill of $12/mo for electric. Which includes my hangar light bulb. $12 is cheap protection for preventing rust in my $34K Factory new Lycoming D2J O320, 172N

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Good judgement call, methinks. :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I use switchbox with Reiff Cylinder heat bands and oil sump / oil cooler heat pads. I activate it, few hours before I fly, longer if it is really cold outside. My engine fires right up every time with no priming needed. I have heard you’re not supposed to use continuous heating of engine?

Anyone know which is best? continuous heating of engine? or only few hours before use?
    wondering...

• I read somewhere a good rule of thumb was to preheat one hour for each 10° below 50°.