Wing swap 0523011-41 VS. 0523011-57

Some folks have suggested I use the -41 to replace the -57 which my plane calls for specifically can anyone tell me if these are the same and is interchangeable?

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

You will need to check the type certificate on the FAA website. My guess is that you can't change wings but the TC and IPC should both be checked.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Not sure what that means TC and IPC.? Someone else told me to ask Cessna and they were of little to no help

edited July 2020

Type Certificate and Illustrated Parts Catalog. You should own a copy of the IPC for your airplane. It's the official parts list for your plane. You can get one at www.essco.com or www.eflightmanuals.com. And you're right about Cessna. They have little interest in supporting a product they made many, many decades ago.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I have heard that there is a letter out there some where from Cessna about what wing swaps are acceptable

OK, maybe another member has heard about it and will speak up here.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• My 150F has had the right wing replaced and cabin air opening is rectangular while original wing has half moon opening. What year is the new wing? Other than that are the wings identical?

• New to this forum, any idea how to date the wing?

Stand by while I send this to our association A&P, Erich Rempert.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

Our association A&P Erich Rempert doesn't have an answer for this one. I'm very sorry!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!