Turn Coordinator

My Turn coordinator is a MidContinent 1394T100-10RA with autopilot output to drive a KAP 140 all original equipment on a 2003 C182T. We want to replace the Turn coordinator just because of its age. Is there a more modern all electronic device that could replace the Trun Coordinator and still provide the output reference to the autopilot?

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hi, hopefully Bob Hart will chime in here. I checked with Century Instrument and found this listing. https://www.centuryinstruments.net/catalog Check on page 4 to see if this helps you. Also, here's the website for Mid-Continent. https://www.mcico.com/

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I have a 2001 T182T with the same model turn coordinator. I had to do an exchange back in 2012. At my last annual I was talking with my IA and he warned me the -10R is specifically for high wing with a KAP-140. He suggested that if I replace mine, use the Mid-Continent 1394T100-10RB. It is a much improved version using a brushless motor and more reliable electronics. I just looked it up in the catalog and it is rated for 4800 hours TBMF.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Good to know, much thanks.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I can't do better than Larry (thanks!) If you have a short term plan for the aircraft, do an Overhauled exchange but ... if you plan to keep it for over five years, get new. Don't know why but New gives a better return on investment. I got that info from a gyro rebuilder! There is no option other than another turn coordinator. TGH Aviation in CA has the best OHC/EX price @ $695 but you'll likely have to stay with the RA. New, just shop online. Larry's advice on the RB is solid!