Fine wire spark plug install question.

Hello. I have a legacy 182 with the O 470-L. Having issues with fouling on the bottom plug in #5. My A and P recommends using a fine wire plug and see how that works in that lower cylinder. I ordered one Using the recommendation for that engine from Tempest. When I tried to install, the plug wire will not screw onto the Back of the barrel as the opening is narrower for the fine wire plug than for the massive electrode plug. The orange rubber piece is too wide. Any work around anyone knows of?
Thank you

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

How about getting a new plug wire?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott. Looks like that will be the ticket.

OK, good luck :)

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Could you have bought the wrong plug? Tempest lists two fine wire plugs for the O-470-L. The UREM38S is for the harness B-nut size 5/8-24, which requires a 3/4 inch wrench for removing the lead. The URHM38S is for harness B-nut size 3/4-20, which requires a 7/8 inch wrench for removing the lead.

Thanks for your comments, Curtis. Very much appreciated!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Curtis. I sure did. Missed that detail when I ordered.