JPI-930 Not powering ‘ON’

Has anyone experienced an issue with their JPI-930 failing to power on. This has happened a couple of times to our aircraft. We have taken the A/C to the shop to get to the bottom of the matter. . I highly suspect it is an electrical connection issue but I am waiting to hear back.

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

OK, when it happens you need to check voltage at the unit. If there's voltage there then it's the unit. If there's no voltage there then it's the breaker, switch, wiring or unit connector. Basic troubleshooting but it could require an avionics tech to do it. Good luck!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• We put the plane in the shop. The avionics guys are scratching their collective heads over this. It looks like the unit is going back to the manufacturer...I’ll keep you posted.

OK, sounds like you're progressing a small step at a time...

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• It has been a while since I’ve been back to this forum. My apologies to all. I left the issue without sharing with the source of the problem.
    My avionics tech bench tested the unit. It took him a while, but he found that the problem was internal to the unit. We shipped it off to effect repairs back in early December 2020. We’ve had no further problems with unit. It has performed flawlessly ever sense. Very pleased with the performance capabilities of the IFD550

Thanks so much, Chuck! I'm glad everything worked out.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!