Autonomous transmit

Looking for advice on comms in my 2009 T182T with G1000. I have an intermittent autonomous transmit. It occurs without depressing the push-to-talk buttons. Of course, this blocks reception and blanks all others trying to transmit on the same frequency. The transmit is instantaneous but can go on continuously. Two shops have tried to fix it. The PTT buttons have been replaced, wiring has been inspected for shorts, the problem remains. I appreciate any ideas.

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Have you asked Garmin for any recommendations?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I called Garmin first, they referred me to the authorized repair shops that have already worked on the problem with no solution.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hmmm. Not very encouraging.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I just dealt with a very similar problem last week. The pilot’s side yoke PTT button would not work initially, then it morphed into uncommanded transmitting when turning the yoke to the right. This pointed to the wiring coming out from the front of the yoke shaft, which is subject to a lot of flexing. I replaced that wire and the problem disappeared. Hope yours is that simple!