Precise flow air vents

Need some help. Can someone tell me how to get the old can air vents out of my 182? I bought the precise flow vents and spent some time today trying to get the old vents out. No luck. Didn’t want to break something. Thanks in advance! Someone here is bound to know how to do this.

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    edited May 27

Hi kevin,

Contact Dennis Wolter at AirMod in Ohio for installation information. His number is: (513) 732-6688

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott!

• Dennis explained in detail how to install the new vents. It’s a lot more work on a newer than 1981 Cessna. Basically, you have to remove the aluminum housing that holds the old tin can vent. You also have to cut the crimped end off the housing to install the new precise flow vents. I’ll definitely get an a&p to help since it involves removing both outside and inside trim. He warned me to very careful with the plastic duct connection. Hope that will help someone else. I’ll take a couple pics too.

Hi Kevin,

I'm glad that worked out. Dennis is a good friend to our association and I'm very pleased that you got the information that you needed.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I purchased these vents after learning of them through this forum. They are expensive especially considering the extra cost to ship to Australia.

Very good quality when they arrived and took less then 5 minutes to remove the old vents, clean and install these in my 1980 182Q. I have a digital outside temp gauge so didn’t bother about drilling a hole through the windshield.

Excellent, thanks for the update!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!