Cessna 150K - Fuel Migration

I have a Cessna 150K equipped with long range factory tanks and Flint Tip Tanks. Recently, if the aircraft is partially fueled, the fuel migrates all to the right side to the point where fuel is forced out of the right tanks with the left tip tanks totally empty. How can it do this? Hap Arnold

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hap Arnold? lol. That's good. I will send your question to our association A&P Erich Rempert. Stand by.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Here's a response from our association A&P Erich Rempert:

The fuel selector valve or solenoid valves (whichever you have) have internal leakage and the airplane is parked on a grade so the fuel is just draining down to the lowest point.

You con confirm by jacking it in the other direction and verifying the fuel migrates to the other side as well.

This should be fixed as it means your tanks are not segregated properly and you likely cannot shut the fuel OFF effectively either.

~Erich Rempert, IA Consultant

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!