12 volt Cabin Power in T206h with G1000

The 12V cabin power in my aircraft isn't working. There is 24V power to the cabin power switch. The POH says the power converter is mounted to the interior firewall. The maintenance manual says the power converter is in the tailcone. My mechanic and I can't find it in either place. Any suggestions where we should look, or how to troubleshoot?

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hi, good question. What year is your 206?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• It's a 2012 with a G1000.

Since your aircraft is very new, many of our folks don't have experience in it. Have you tried a Cessna Service Center?

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks, I'll try contacting a service center.

• The illustrated part list is available onlinehttps://ww2.txtav.com/TechnicalPublications/Downloads/DownloadFile?filename=206hpc_24.pdf
    The account is free to set up
    If you email me I can sed you the PDF
    Eugene

Thanks so much, Eugene! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Eugene beat me to it. The converter should be on the avionics shelf directly below your rear baggage shelf at station 141.

• See page 28
    It looks to be somewhere around the rear window!!

• Thanks for the comments. We've dug around in the rear avionics and also on the firewall and can't find it. I'm thinking it might be easier to re-wire the outlets with 24V USB chargers than do a bug disassembly and repair to be able to charge iPads and phones.

• Similar problem on a C182T. If I am correct, the power converter is bad. The 12V socket no longer works. The power converter is huge and expensive. Any thoughts about how to renew for charging tablets?