Right Rudder mystery

Scott: When it rains it pours. This just came up. Flying right wing down. Another member flew and was saying something about it. left rudder trim cranked in hard left to help.

I had the same flying experience today going to GRR. When I got back, I took a look at it.
With nose strut extended, rudder trim indicator centered, look at the rudder. I wonder if the chain on the trim wheel jumped?
To center the rudder, crank the trim wheel Left about an inch on the indicator. Any ideas? Ever seen this happen before? No slop in the rudder travel.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AU0fJFc8nush1Rb63

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    Hi Mark, don't fly till you have an A&P look at it. A flight control problem could really give you a bad day. It sure sounds like something slipped or wore out. A cable stretched unexpectedly, a pulley bracket is worn out, etc. Let me know what you find out.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    I'm so happy that it wasn't anything big. I had this exact same problem on my plane two years ago. When you think of it, send your mechanic a six-pack of his favorite brew! :) Fly safe!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!