PreHeats on the road

What are reasonable prices for getting a preheat ?

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    Hi Mark,
    That is a very good question. Since I have heaters on my engine I don't have to worry about that, I just bring a 100 ft extension cord. Other members might know, however. Let's see if one of them chimes in! Happy New Year, by the way. :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Hi Mark,
    That is a very good question. Since I have heaters on my engine I don't have to worry about that, I just bring a 100 ft extension cord. Other members might know, however. Let's see if one of them chimes in! Happy New Year, by the way. :)

I was wondering about the availability of "outlets" and bring my extension cord... will have to check on that.
  • At LXT, in an eastern suburb of Kansas City, MO, it depends on what kind of preheat you need. It ranges from $15 for the simple stuff, to over $50 for preheating a turbine. Right now, at -5 to 10 degrees, they are doing quite a few, for the overnight travelers. I guess you could pay to place your Cessna in the city's big, heated hangar, but I am positive that all other options are less expensive!