C150M in SW Mo

Thanks to the Cessna Owners Organization for a great magazine and forum. I’ve been flying since 1984 and have owned 3 Cessnas through the years, as well as an experimental. Although I miss the useful load in larger planes I’ve had, the 1976 C150M is a really fun airplane. And, since my wife and I are both retired the 90kt. cruise suits us fine.

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

She's a sweetheart! Great pic and cheap to keep. Thanks so much for your kind words and great photo. Is there anything I can do for you?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks Scott. I do have a question. When I bought this 1976 C150M, I was told that in 1976 Cessna painted some of each model with the Red, White, & Blue and “Freedom to Fly” and “Spirit of 76” on it in remembrance of the Bicentennial. But, I can’t find any information to support that claim or how many where painted this way. Any thoughts?
  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Good question! I'll check around and see if I can find out anything. :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• That puts N9174U into the rare bird category! Are there any other ways that plane is different from other production models? Those stars on the rudder really set that paint job apart.
    We'll be looking for you during stops at 3DW. We have a family member playing baseball for Missouri State, so we have planned frequent day-trips for this fall and next spring. I hope we'll get stuck there some night, and have nothing to do but the Grand Tour of Bass Pro before coming home two days later!

• My plane is based at KPLK (Clark Downtown, Branson). I don’t know of anything else different about this airplane. Maybe we will run into each other on one of your trips to the Springfield area. There’s always something to do in Branson.