Aspen and S-Tec 55 Autopilot now work together
Press contact: Perri Coyne
19820 N. 7th Street, Suite 150
Phoenix, AZ 85024
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Aspen Avionics Receives FAA Certification for Genesys System (S-TEC) 55X Autopilot Integration with Evolution Flight Displays
Provides intuitive and easy-to-use digital cockpit solution that makes flying safer
Albuquerque, NM, October 6, 2016: Aspen Avionics announced today that it has received certification to interface its Evolution 1000 Pro Primary Flight Display (PFD) with the System 55X autopilot by Genesys Aerosystems. The STC will cover hundreds of light single and twin piston aircraft platforms.
â€œAspenâ€™s Pro PFD with the Genesys System 55X autopilot enhances the basic 55X autopilot function and streamlines the controls, reducing workload,â€ said Perri Coyne, Aspen director of marketing operations. She adds, â€œWhen combined with all the features and benefits of Aspenâ€™s glass panel technology, flying becomes easier and safer, especially for single pilot IFR missions.â€
â€œFollowing the highly-praised and successful level of integration of Avidyneâ€™s DFC90 autopilot for Aspen displays, our latest offering, the Genesys System 55X autopilot integration will greatly improve flight safety by simplifying the mode and altitude select tasks by presenting all autopilot operations in one, easy-to-read location on the Evolution 1000 PFD,â€ said John Uczekaj, Aspen president and CEO.
- Reduces workload: No multiple altimeter setting adjustment required; engagement of autopilot functions are faster and simpler
- Panel upgrades improve instrument scan: Replaces separate monochrome displays, push buttons and panel knobs with a full color display directly in the pilot's line of sight
- Saves panel space: Consolidates annunciation into a primary display, eliminating the need for a remote annunciator
- Smooth, automatic level-off with no altitude overshoot: Adds altitude preselect integrated with commanded "smart" vertical speed technology. Reduces vertical speed as the preselected altitude is approached
- Ability to set desired vertical speed and altitude on the PFD
- All autopilot annunciations are displayed in the pilot's line of sight on the PFD display reducing pilot scan
- Adds flight director capability for coupled autopilot operations as well as while hand flying for smoother control
- Autopilot vertical speed command reduces when approaching set altitude for a smooth transition to level off during altitude capture
Image download: Evolution Pro PFD with System 55X
About Aspen Avionics, Inc.
A new way to look at avionics.â„¢
Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced display and sensor technology from the commercial and business aviation markets into general aviation cockpitsâ€”and budgets. Together, our Evolution Flight Display System, and NexNavâ„¢ GPS sensors help enable the aviation community to affordably meet the FAAâ€™s NextGen mandate. The way we look at it, getting the latest avionics technology doesnâ€™t have to mean spending a lot of money. At Aspen Avionics, we design products to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own. The company can be found online at www.aspenavionics.com, and may be reached at (505) 856-5034.
Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. You can call us at US: 1 (888) 992-7736 or International: 1 (505) 856-5034, or via the web at aspenavionics.com/contact.
Aspen Avionics, Inc.
5001 Indian School Rd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.
Need help? Let me know!