Hatchlatch Door Position/Holder

I put these on my C-172 about 30 years ago and they are still working great! My flying buddy has a 172 and is interested in obtaining a set of these. I have tried the phone #, but with no luck.
Does anyone know if these can still be purchased and if so have
valid contact information?

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hi, I've been looking all over and at this point I can't find the company and only one reference from a fellow in 2009 looking for them, too. It is possible you might find an old, used one from Wentworth or other boneyard, but that would appear to be about it. Sorry!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Just an idea...the Door Steward attachment works in a similar fashion, holding door open. They are available at Aircraft Spruce.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

You're brilliant, Kent. I have a door steward in my current and last plane. Great idea. Here's a link: https://www.knots2u.net/door-steward-kit-cessna-single-engine-models-mv200c10/

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott...fascinating marketing with the “leg” included in the Door Steward photo...