Back from Oshkosh!

Another successful trip to Oshkosh is in the books!

This was my 5th year working as a volunteer photographer for EAA. It was my girlfriend Leslie's first trip to OSH and she can't stop talking about it. She's a student pilot and can't get enough aviation. She did most of the flying on the way up. If you met her, you know she should be interviewing people for a living! She's good at getting your story out of you.

We arrived Sunday morning in our borrowed Cessna 182 and left Saturday morning. We're from Taylor, TX, near Austin. On the way home, we ran into IFR conditions and had to take a lunch break in Macomb, Illinois. After a couple of hours, we were able to launch again and made it to Lebanon, MO where we spent the night. We took off again Sunday morning and made it home. We had weather closing in on us the whole way home, but outran it. Our friends who left OSH right after we did weren't so lucky and they're still stuck in Russellville, AR this morning and it doesn't look like they'll make it home today. As I'm writing this, it's pouring rain here. Welcome to Oshkosh!

It was awesome to see Rocky, Diana, & Scott again as well as meeting those of you who attended the dinner. We had a great dinner, heard a lot of stories, made new friends, etc. If you didn't make it this year, plan to join next year. You missed out!

The topic came up about who uses the forums. I'm a member of other aviation forums, but admit I haven't spent much time here. I plan to change that.

For those of you who haven't met me, or haven't noticed my name in the magazines, I have been the photographer for Cessna Owner Organization and Piper Owner Society since the end of 2018. I'm looking forward to continuing my work with the team and meeting more of you. Keep spreading the word about these great organizations!

Feel free to use this thread to tell us about your trip to OSH, the adventures you had along the way and while you were there, who you met, etc.

Jack Fleetwood | Aviation Photographer
jackfleetwood.com

Comments

• Well, how bout some pictures.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hey Aviator, I have already posted about a hundred pics from Airventure, lol. And Jack; a great time, especially at our dinner. Great to see you again!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• @Aviator said:
    Well, how bout some pictures.

Unfortunately, when I work for EAA, most of my photos belong to them until they publish them! I'll post some that I'm allowed to share later this week.

Jack Fleetwood | Aviation Photographer
    jackfleetwood.com