New Member C182E

Hello Fellow pilots and owners.

I am the proud owner of a 1962 C182E. This is my second Cessna that i have owned since i started my flying in 2016. My first plane was a 1965 C172G that i purchased to train and flew for four years before buying my 182.

I managed to find an excellent specimen across the country from me in British Columbia. My son his friend and i flew it home to Nova Scotia in June of 2020. It was a low time upgraded 0-470U engine in a pristine airframe. I am so lucky to have found it before prices started to go crazy in the post Covid market.

My first upgrade was an insight G4 engine monitor in September 2020. This spring i pulled the old avionics out and had a serious upgrade. PS Engineering 450 audio panel Garmin GNC255 nav com. Garmin SL30 nav com. Garmin 335 ADSB out transponder, dual G5’s to replace my vacuum system with the Gad 13 for wind and outside temps.

I hope to start my IFR rating and down the road after most of the upgrade sticker shock has subsided i hope to install a modern Auto Pilot for ease of operation.

The 182 is a beautiful machine that fits my mission and i expect it to be the last plane that I ever own. I retired in 2021 and hope to be able to fly about the continent to visit some of the locales i read about on the forms that i participate in.

I posted a story on Air Facts Journal on our purchase and trip home across Canada if anyone cares to read it.
https://airfactsjournal.com/2021/07/hand-flying-across-canada/

Burce

Comments

• Oops. I forgot i also added the Garmin GPS175 as well

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Wow, very nice! You're doing an excellent job on that panel. We're very pleased to have you and if there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• H
    Here is the end of step 2. The first photo was before the added transponder and SL30.

Very nice looking panel. Go out and have fun! :) Nice job.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I’ve been there, done that and now havr the t-Shirt. My wife got this made for me. I love it

Awesome! You have a great wife!!!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!