Glad to join the group!

I joined this group last month, happy to be here. Bought my first plane and think I found the perfect one right from the start! I live in Michigan but had to go all the way to Oregon to find her, a ‘01 T182T with about 1300 hours. Just love flying her and hoping to learn much more about how to stay safe and keep her in great shape from this group. Thanks, all!

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    edited December 2021

Only 1,300TT? Wow, awesome! Nice photos, too :) If there's anything I can do for you, please ask!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks, Scott. And thanks for the great suggestions on hot starting and low-cost Bluetooth upgrades. Both look like winners.

:) Happy New Year. Stay healthy and fly safe.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Beautiful plane. Happy Flying. Did you get to fly it home to Michigan?

• Thanks, Bruce. No, I’m still a low-time, flat-lander so I hired a ferry pilot. Should have made the time to go out with him and bring it back together - would have been great experience. Oh well, maybe next time. But enjoying it greatly here in the Mid-West.

• I own a 2001 T182T also. SN:x8004. I love mine too. You will not be disappointed.

Not to be picky, but I noticed the wheel pants do not have the two grey trim stripes. They were vinyl, so may have come off.

As a note, I had the vinyl trim removed on the entire plane and the trim painted on. Several of the vinyl strips were coming off after two years. I received an allowance from Cessna to have the work done.

• edited April 2022

Here is a photo of my plane. You can see the stripes on the wheel pants.

Beautiful plane. She looks fast standing still, lol :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!