New to the Forum

Hey, all.

I recently purchased a 1970 337D, a plane that has captivated me since I was a kid. I look forward to to learning as much as I can about the type and this organization was the logical starting point.

This is the third plane I’ve owned, the first two being Pipers (Cherokee 6 and Archer; long story on the progression). I was originally looking at a Saratoga because I was familiar with the type and needed a plane with easy access for elderly family members that can’t crawl up on a wing. But the cost of a decent Saratoga or 6 was way too much. A friend who owned a 337 in the past recommended I look at the type and what I found was interesting. Not the fastest, but fast enough; not the most efficient, but not bad either. Carries a good load and easy to get in and out of. And not too expensive to buy (yes, I know about inexpensive twins and maintaining them). The maintenance shop at my home field had a SkyMaster that they used to get around and when I asked them about the plane, they said theirs was for sale. Three owners since 1970 and well

cared for. Most important; my wife loves it!

Been around planes and flying them since I was 14, now with 35 years of professional flying under my belt, most of it airline. Looking forward to this new adventure!

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

I absolutely loves 337's. Great buy, I'm envious!!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Welcome! Love the 337 - hope to be able to fly one someday! Their uniqueness has always intrigued me. Congrats on your new plane!

Cessna 172L Owner - Private Pilot - Writer

www.sixpackaero.com

• Beautiful. I have loved these planes ever since i saw the movie Bat 21!

congratulations on your upgrade.