I have a 1959 Cessna 175 Skylark that has one wing with more wing twist than the other causing plane to roll to one side. I live in the New Jersey. Does anyone know if there is a shop that can re-twist the wing to the original twist? Im trying to avoid buying another wing since mine has the Norton Stol kit installed.


  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

    Have you had an A&P look at it? Could a simple aileron tab solve the problem?

    Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

    Need help? Let me know!

  • Yes, an A&P looked at it and did suggest installing a tab. Will do it next annual in spring. Just recently heard about a wing being re twisted and was curious if that was something common or very expensive to do on an old plane like mine, 1959.

    Thank you for your suggestion.

  • My '64 has cam bolts in the wing root they are hard to get to but you can adjust the wing incidence with them.

  • Yes i adjusted my eccentric cams but it wasnt enought to compensate for for all the heavy lift.

  • How did it act before the stol kit

  • edited January 17

    I don't know, it had the stol kit when i bought it. I'm trying to find out if it's very expensive to have a wing re twisted to the correct incidence. I've heard they are put in a jig to accomplish.

Sign In or Register to comment.