ever has,,,,,, I have since put 850's on the mains and replaced the front

fork and added the 800 tire. This gives me plenty of prop clearance but

the plane sits way to nose high.

I need ideas on which main gear I can replace mine with to level my

plane back out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Your service manual should list all of the approved tires. Have you looked there?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Our 56 182 has the Airglass NLG STC allowing 8.00 nose and 8.50 MLG. I bought it with 8.50 GYs MLG and have since changed to Desser 8.50 tundra tires (22"+/-) because we fly mostly backcountry. 4 ply sidewalls gives much more flex (softer ride) on rough turf or rocky strips and also is wearing quite well. I was told by others the Desser is too light and gets punctures; ALL of these warnings were from NON users= I heard from someone etc. Starting on 3rd year- so far alls well.

• Thanks for the good info. I want to go that route on my ‘59 182B. Other than the fork/wheels/tires, are there any other considerations, e.g. brakes?

• Jeffnary, sorry for delay; been RVing in the south to avoid CO winter cold. Not really a nose high issue but I added ABW double puck brakes for more stopping in backcountry/STOL situations. Big difference; but, needed to get used to them (my opinion only) before I spun tire on wheel cutting valve stem from hard braking. I usually run Dessers at 15 PSI for shock absorption= major improvement and no issues in two years. If you can send text or email # I'll send a pic of my 56. I'm not very IT tech savy.