172 G Restoration

Good morning Guy's

I am in the process of restoring a 1966 172G , and would like some input on a couple of the plastic interior parts; how to remove :

1. The center console without shattering
  2. Avionics panel, which has the buttons, was unable to remove the button fasteners, & did not want to break

Easiest (best) way to remove baggage door, can the two hinge pins be slid out & removed, or do I need to remove all 4 fasteners from the door hinge & baggage door?

Original plastic has been completely removed, repaired & painted, jambs painted, new carpet going in, with new fabric on the original door & wall panels.

Look how Eric from Mirror Image has brought back the paint!

The forum & magazine has been a huge wealth of information on "how to"..... I thank you all!

Thank you for your help,

Best,

Freebird

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

She's going to look nice when you're done! FYI, I have access to our association A&P, Erich Rempert. He is offline at the moment and will be available on March 14. If you haven't gotten the answers you need by then, please re-contact me and I'll get him involved.

Sorry for the delay.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott,

I was able to remove the center console without damage. I plan to consult Bob Hart with regards to my existing avionics Scott any advice on replacing the 172 G Skyhawk aluminum fuselage emblems, I have searched the web without success.

Best,

Freebird

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Can you please post a pic or two of the fuselage emblems. I'll help you source them!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!