New 182 Owner saying "hi".

Hello everyone, I have purchased N8479M, 1976 182P, now in Fairbanks AK. I'll be retrieving her in early May - following the AK highway. Will be based at 2M8, Charles Baker Airport in Memphis TN. Flew her around Fairbanks during the pre-buy; checked out the open pit gold mine nearby and 6500 ft of Denali (another 13500 above that in cloud). She has a Garmin 750/650 and some other goodies.

Looking forward to an epic trip!

Phil

Comments

• edited April 2023

Oh! What an adventure! The 182 is a great plane and you’ll have a blast. Need a Canadian copilot to translate for you on your trip home? ;)

i have driven the Alcan so I know the way south.

• Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate the offer of copiloting but have a ferry pilot from FAI to accompany to Great Falls.

I would love to fly it up to NS and PEI some day!

Phil

• edited April 2023

Phil.

we’d love to see you up here. Have a safe flight home. Good call on the ferry pilot. I did the same flying my new to me 182 home from British Columbia in 2020. I had an instructor with a ton of mountain time fly with me through the Rockies. I dropped him off in Calgary and continued my journey. It covered two things. Some basic type instruction, and some mountain flying tips, tricks and a safety net.

post up some pics for us all to follow along

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Many of us here are totally jealous of your upcoming trip. Have fun, be safe, take lots of pics and post them all here where you get home!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!