182S/T 3 seatbelt STC

Good morning! I just entered the market for a 182, just recently considering to switch my search from a cirrus to a 182. However I have 3 small children and will need 3 belts in the back. I found the STC to place three seatbelts in the back for 182 models through the R, but have been unable to find an STC that covers the S. Does anyone know if this exists? Thank you!

Comments

• Good morning! Just wondering - is there a bench seat in the rear, or individual? I am used to seeing just 4 seats in the plane, but I am also still learning about all the different models. =)

And are you looking for shoulder restraints, or just lap belts?

If we're talking about shoulder restraints - the 182S should already have the attachment points for the belts installed (as an original option), and because you won't be making any changes to the airframe to install them you won't need an STC. Alpha Aviation (out of MN) carries single diagonal shoulder restraints that would work in this case under the Cessna 100 Series Replacement/Upgrade category. Add the miscellaneous hardware kit, and that should help cover the installation on two seats.

If you provide some more details, I could probably provide more information - feel free to do so here, or reach out to us directly. We are always happy to help!

Jessica Matz

Alpha Aviation