Cessna Seat Repair

Hello group! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Bob Plunket from Aviation Fabricators in Clinton, Missouri and we have been running a few advertisements with the Cessna Owner Organization for the last year or so about our Cessna Seat Repair. I currently fly a 150M Commuter and Jeff (featured in the video) flies a P206 out of Alaska. We (the company, I am only 24 years old) have been doing Cessna Seat Repairs for the last 20 years and I am working hard to make sure everyone is aware of our service. When we get a seat in it can be beat up, broken, rocking back and forth, and overall unsafe. After we get done inspecting it and sorting through the problems we get to work. New bell cranks, new welded on reinforced seat bottom legs, new rollers and roller housings, filled/redrilled roll pin holes, and more are just some of the things we will do.

We have a new video out showcasing our repairs and I wanted to share that with this group. In this video specifically this seat required several new parts to be fabricated, but it was nothing for our great team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FWX65WQgjI&t=27s

Comments

• planewrenchplanewrench IA 48yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector

HI Bob,

Excellent service , I know from experience how much labor can go into a seat. I disassembled and rebuilt my 172n full artic seat, i know i had at least 40 hrs labor into the thing. Carl

IA 47yr A&P DAL A/C Inspector 172n

• Absolutely! Thanks for the comment.

• @bobplunket perfect timing :)

I just purchased a 1977 C172N and the co-pilot seat is a fixed position (height) seat. Since I'll be sitting in the right, teaching, it's a bit high for me. I'm in the market for a fully adjustable seat I can put in on the right side......... Drop me a DM/PM if you can help.

Thanks

• @jmb287 we absolutely can help. Give us a call 660-885-8317

• We are now offering a 10 Year Warranty on our Seat Refurbishment!!