V-band clamp S1921-2

Hello,

I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone have a v-band clamp, part number S1921-2 that they’d be willing to part with? Aircraft is currently stranded where I recently bought it, over a thousand miles from home, in Austin, Texas.

if you have any leads on procuring a replacement I’d love to hear them!

Thanks,

Joel

Comments

• I forgot to leave a way to contact me. If you have any leads please email me at:

dell05_myriad@icloud.com

Thanks!

Joel

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

I have one on order for three months. I'm being told that there are no new ones in the country. Have you tried a boneyard? Can you get a ferry permit to get your plane home?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Van Bortel Aircraft, Inc. S1921-2 RQST CapabilityTX, USA 

ELLISON ELECTRONICS LTD.S192122UK, United Kingdom 

LANDMARK AVIATION - GREENSBORO S1921-21 NC, United States 

SANDELVING AEROSPACE GMBH S1921-21 Germany SANDELVING AEROSPACE GMBH

AltS1921-21Germany

Maybe?

• Good Luck Joel,

I have had that same clamp on order since February. As such I have been grounded since then with no end in sight. I cannot get any updates on production availability and have exhausted every avenue to finding one. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. My plane was running just fine. I guess by grounding those of us needing clamp replacement the govt can say how safe they made the skies....cause nobodys flying. You know like jailing the Jan 6ers to make the world safer...our govt at work! Apparently nobody at the FAA checked to see what effect this AD would have on GA, or they just dont care. The part in question is mass produced for cars at 40$, as we all know our part will cost 10-20x that due to scale of prod/insurance etc. and apparently is only hand made by 1 dude in china whos currently on indefinite vacation. So like you I am stuck on the ground wondering if the cost and headaches of flying are worth it anymore. I guess I should blindly trust our current govt to work in my best interests because "they know best". Besides its all been working out so well these last 3 1/2 years.

Keith H.

I've had one on order since January. No movement yet. :(

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• My shop got their back-ordered V-bands in stock in early May. I am good to go now.

I was never AOG with the shop doing the required inspections until the replacement V-Bands were in stock.

• Airpower looks to have parts in stock;

good luck.!!

• Air Power website says clamp still backordered. In fact my mech said they told him they weren't expecting any until December. So until then I am AOG since Feb.

• ok sorry.

It doesn't show as back ordered when I log in to check the price ?

... $323.56.

Good news, there's movement. I have a scheduled ship date in September, 2024!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Good for you Scott!

Maybe I will see you at Oshkosh. The last of the punch list items for my plane will be done the week of July 8. I am registered as part of the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh crowd. Our formation flight into Oshkosh will be on Friday afternoon, July 19, from Dodge County, KUNU.

• Ordered in Dec. received last week. Not AOG.

• Air Power website says out of stock but I ordered one anyway and they delivered it!! Don't know how many they have but you might try them. Ive been waiting since Feb.

Thanks Keith!! Great news.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Do these things come with a yellow tag and/or documentation. Maybe you can "find" one in somebody's used parts bin, hint: take a look at Amazon.

New ones are being delivered! Woohoo!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!