Cessna Quietly Ends Production Of TTx Model

A sad day in Wichita, today and I'm sure they're throwing a party at Cirrus. Cessna pulled the plug after enemic sales of the TTx over the last 14 years. In 2017 Cessna only delivered a couple of dozen of these airplanes. Two years ago I did a test flight of the TTx while visiting Cessna in Wichita and I loved the airplane. In fact, if I were going to buy a new airplane that would be the airplane I'd buy. This does bring up an interesting thought. The TTx was put to rest while producing more airplanes than the Baron and Bonanza. Will Textron (owner of Cessna and Beech) kill the Beech piston line, too? Hmmm. Your thoughts?

Scott Sherer
Forum Moderator

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• jbradmdjbradmd Retired ENT Physician
    I'm very curious to know what will happen to those of us who own the Columbia 350/400's and the TTX's (same twin turbocharged aircraft) . I think they are better aircraft than the Cirrus. Just don't have a parachute.
  • Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    My guess is that Cessna will support those planes. They're a stand-up company and I would expect nothing less. However, time will tell...

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!