My 182H, Love the sound as I push in the throttle

After a twenty year break from flying, kids raised, life good, I found my 182 on my home field, not actively for sale, but the local A&I mentioned it. A deal was made, and the fun started ! Getting the feel again, and learning that the 182 is just a bit heavier, especially in the nose, than the 172 was eons ago. Old green 65 Impala interior..... turned to leather, only took about 200 hours. New decals, only took 60 hours. New com, new Ifly740 GPS, new JPI830, I'm being a responsible aviation consumer for sure ! I'm hoping to fly it this second year more hours than I spent with it in the hanger !]

Comments

• > @Hman442 said:
    > After a twenty year break from flying, kids raised, life good, I found my 182 on my home field, not actively for sale, but the local A&I mentioned it. A deal was made, and the fun started ! Getting the feel again, and learning that the 182 is just a bit heavier, especially in the nose, than the 172 was eons ago. Old green 65 Impala interior..... turned to leather, only took about 200 hours. New decals, only took 60 hours. New com, new Ifly740 GPS, new JPI830. After replacing the bulb three times in the rotating beacon, installed a Aveo LED beacon, along with landing lights and nav bulbs. I'm being a proper aviation consumer for sure ! I'm hoping to fly it this second year more hours than I spent with it in the hanger !]
  • thank you, those are GREAT pictures

Digital Product Manager
    Cessna Owner Organization

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Awesome, Dude! Looks like it just came off the manufacturing floor. Very well done. Question: The upholstery is among the nicest I've ever seen. Was it custom or a kit? Who supplied it? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Way to go!

Gary Van Dyke