Cessna Rigging Experts

Hi Scott and Members;
I'm sure you've been asked this many times... I need info on an experienced rigging shop in the Ohio or bordering states area. I have to fly my 1977 182 Q with about 2" right rudder to fly straight... According to the logs, in 41 years and about 11,000 hours of flying, no rigging work as ever been done... I think it's amazing it is flying as well as it is! I've heard there is a really good (and reasonably priced) shop in Texas, but I was hoping for a closer one. Can you, or anyone on the forum help?

Thanks
Bill
N7562S

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Our association A&P, Erich Rempert is available in Southeast Wisconsin if that's close enough. He's a pro on rigging. Let me know if you would like his contact info. If you need one closer, let me know on that, too, and I'll find a shop in Indiana or Ohio. Thanks for writing.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks for your help!
    If you could please send me Erich's contact info I would greatly appreciate it. I really would like a shop that doesn't mind me hanging around a little to learn something....
    Any ideas on closer would be good too. I'm based at KMRT.

• Bill, I would also be interested in talking with someone who understands C172 rigging issues. We have a C172L based on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. The plane exhibits a left turning tendency in level flight. If I use rudder to correct it the ball slides off center. If I apply a few pounds of aileron pressure she flies straight with the ball centered. I'm wondering if this is a rudder tab issue, an aileron issue, or a wing angle issue. Thanks for any help. David

• Hi David.
    My 182Q has basically the same issue. I have to use right rudder trim to bring it back to straight flight (pic attached), but the ball is slightly off center. I've owned the plane for about 2 years and it was that way when I bought it. It does fly really well (according to much more experienced pilots than I), but I know it's not right... I'm doing some serious upgrading to the plane (ADS-B last year, JPI 930 a month ago), this issue is one that needs addressed. I've talked to several mechanics about it. None were very experienced in rigging issues and have not had the "formal" training that COO gives. For something like this, I prefer a shop that has re-rigged many Cessnas. I appreciate any help the Forum can give.

Here's the contact information for Erich Rempert's company. Jake Remington is the owner of the business, Burlington Air Center. Their number is 262.763.9500.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Much Appreciated! Thanks!

I've notified Mr. Remington that I had referred you to him. If you call he'll be expecting it. Good luck! They have rerigged two of my planes over the years.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks Scott!

• Are there any good rigging experts near Georgia or the Carolinas?

The Cessna website has a list of Cessna service centers, here's a URL: https://txtav.com/en/service/locator

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!