Boeing Has Purchased Foreflight

Boeing has announced today, March 6, 2019, that it has purchased Foreflight.

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Fear of higher prices and less functionality is spreading throughout the GA community. The COPA forums are very acitively discussing the future...not favorable...

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

I share the same concern. Can a giant like Boeing really care about Foreflight? I wonder what the motivation to buy it was. Money can't be the issue.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• My thoughts as well...Boeing not involved GA..

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain

I wonder why they bought Foreflight when they already own Jeppesen. We use the Jepp app at work for all of our charts and they are nice but I can only imagine how expensive it is compared to Foreflight. Hopefully Boeing stays in the shadows on it and allows the Foreflight team to continue being captain on the product.

We'll see! I'm not feeling optimistic about it but hopeful. We all need and love Foreflight but they do have competitors that are probably more than willing to take a leadership position in the marketplace. Seattle Software comes to mind.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Wanting good news....Tyson spoke with AOPA and stated GA will still be their focus, 11.1 is about to be released. Time will tell....

• N73535N73535 Mike M.

I recently installed a Stratus ESGi. Am wondering how this will affect the FF/Stratus relationship going forward. Could this prompt Stratus to be compatible with other flight app???? Kent is right......time will tell.

All we can do is wait...

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!