Cessna 205 Rudder Pull to left. HELP!!!!!!

Hello, brand new to the website, I'm having an issue with my 1963 Cessna 205. I have a strong pull to the left with the rudder even though the rudder trim has been re-rigged multiple times. My mechanic is having a hard time trying to figure out the issue. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Stand by while I send this to our association A&P Erich Rempert.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Here's Erichs response:

It's an old wive's tale that Cessna's aren't supposed to have any tension on the rudder cables, "because of the return springs".

I recently had the same complaint from one of the instructors who teaches in my 152, that the airplane required an unordinary amount of rudder to stay coordinated; and this led to me rigging the rudder control system.

When I did this it restored the proper "twang" the cables should have; and it brought the rudder back into alignment with the vertical stabilizer when the nose wheel is held solid by the centering device while the strut is fully extended.

The procedure is in the service manual, and easy to do; start at the beginning, its worth your time (money).

From there the "fixed" trim tab can be adjusted to fine tune the system if needed.

~Erich Rempert, IA Consultant

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks for the help.