175 in West Central MO

This is a picture of my 1959 Cessna 175 right after I bought it in 1980. That is my young daughter, Katie. I hadn't flown the plane in the last four years, but I have recently gotten myself and the plane legal and I've made a few trips. It is fun to be back in the air. I've had very little problems with the 175. It still has the original G0-300 engine, although the first thing I did was have it overhauled with as many new parts as possible. It has served me well. I had a baggage door installed which is a nice convenience. We live near Kansas City and keep the plane in our hangar at 3GV (Grain Valley).

Comments

• edited December 2019

My son Rick is in the pilot seat. He grew up to be my A&P/IA but sadly he passed away last year at the age of 47 from colon cancer. He flew the plane as much as I did.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Thanks so much for posting your pics, very much appreciated! I'm glad to have you as a member, is there anything i can do for you?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Welcome! Always good to see “new” aircraft and their history.

• JgoaviationJgoaviation Flight Captain

It is great see another 175 owner/flyer on the forum!

• It's great to see that 175! I got in a couple of hours on one, back in the 90's, and would trade my 172A for one in a New York minute! Come visit us at LXT or just show up some weekend.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

172 175 182 are all awesome planes but I've always been attracted to a 177. I wish that plane had continued in production.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!