New Cessna Owner, 182L

Hi All,

First time Cessna Owner here (owned many previous planes, but this is the first Cessna). Bought a 182L last fall, around 1400hrs on the airframe and 25hrs on the engine. Pretty much bone stock as the day it came out of the factory in 1968...which means literally none of the avionics were working at all (luckily in excellent mechanical condition and had been mechanically well cared for), but it's exactly what I was looking for. I run an Avionics shop for a living, so we wanted a good platform to use as a demo bird, which we'll install a bunch of goodies. The goal is to allow customers to "try it before they buy it" with various things in the plane such as A/P, AOA, GPS, EFISes, etc..

Anyway, it's been an absolute joy to fly and I've told a number of friends that this bird is really starting to grow on me! Reasonable performance, reasonable cost, and reasonably comfortable! - I like it!

Cheers,
Stein
KFBL

Comments

• Hello and welcome. I also purchased an older, 1960, 182 with very tired panel. Almost out of avionics shop with a new metal, vacuum free, panel. Keep us posted/photos as you progress.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Congrats Stein!! We can't wait to see it when you're done!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!