Recently purchased a 1984 182RG / new to the forum

Hello All, recently acquired 1 1984 182RG. So far loving it. New to airplane ownership, so apologizing in advance - I might be throwing a lot of question your way :-)

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Looking beautiful! Or is it handsome?! Great purchase, you'll love your plane and I'm here to help you with it whenever you need me! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Hello Scott, Thank you. Lets call her beautiful as wifey has named her Lily :) Trying to learn to land her with finesse. Arrow was gone as I learned how to land it.

• Great looking bird! Congrats

• Looks great!
    Congratulations on the new plane.

I hope you and your wife have many enjoyable trips.
    Gary

Gary Van Dyke

• Congratulations on your latest “time machine” Lily.

• Nice to read you SidVarma as we have some in common :
    (having just moved to a beautiful airpark here on the west coast of France) I am now considering the purchase of a 182.
    Just as you I am a newbee both with respect of this machine and with respect of this forum : therefore I kindly support all your future questions and i will pay the utmost attention to the answers !

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Welcome Jim! :) We're very pleased to have you on the forum!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Many thanks for such a warm welcome Scott.
    It now remains to me to rise to the occasion, since English is not my mother tongue...

• Sid, congrats on getting the retract 182.
    I have a 1981 TR182 that I have owned for more than 10 years.
    I have pretty much seen it all when it comes to flying and maintaining the TR182 .
    It’s a great plane to fly.
    Lee

• Pretty Bird
    Terry
  • HESSAEROHESSAERO Comml SEL/MEL, Inst, A&P/IA

Welcome! We upgraded to a 1981 R182 in 2014 and love the airplane. We did spend a fair amount of time and money fixing stuff that was not properly maintained by the previous owner. I don't think that the PO was cutting corners, but the shop he hired for repairs and annuals sure was! Now though, the airplane is fast (for a Cessna), comfortable, and had great payload and range.