Cyl Base O ring ? or something else:0-470

Anyone ever seen an oil leak from the cyl base? Or what's the chance of it being a thru-bolt o-ring"? A nuisance. Not enough to see a drop on the qty, makes it messy under. All push tube seals replaced. Oil cooler adapter area dry. Mineral spirits wash and blow dry. 1/2hr TT from start-taxi-once in the pattern- back to hgr . Developer used to help find. I think #3 . #1 was changed in Oct for low comp. But this has been going on long before that. https://photos.app.goo.gl/yg9DpjSdGc6G9gnD8

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Stand by Mark, I'll send this to our A&P Erich Rempert.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

edited December 2020

Hi Mark, here's the response from Erich.

The cylinders have (are supposed to have) O-rings around the cylinder barrels to make a perfect seal with the case.

One or more could be compromised, or a through bolt could be leaking.

It is not likely to leak enough to do anything but make a mess.

If you narrow it down to a culprit, the proper cure will involve some disassembly, so be prepared for that or dealing with the nuisance...

~Erich

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Yes, I think that is the way it's going. Live with a nuisance. Compression on #3 in Oct was 68. 925hrs. Just monitor and we'll see. Thanks

OK, Mark. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!