oil temp and other guages

On my Cessna 182B my oil temperature gauge and right fuel gauge went inoperative at the same time. As you might guess a replacement for a 1959 model is difficult to find. I am trying to find updated options- as you might guess also on a budget. Considering, if needed, combining oil pressure and temperature in 1 unit as well as maybe suction and single probe EGT. Any ideas?
And then that still leaves right fuel.

Comments

• I believe I have those gauges from my 1960 182 after a panel upgrade..if you want replacements? I’ll have to check in my hangar to be certain

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Thanks Kent

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• @Kentwkalb said:
    I believe I have those gauges from my 1960 182 after a panel upgrade..if you want replacements? I’ll have to check in my hangar to be certain

That would be great. Let me know. I’ll check back in the forum more often.

• I will be at my hangar tomorrow to check on oil/fuel gauges. Sorry so late to check.

• No hurry,let me know

• Just returned from my hangar, unfortunately, no fuel or oil temp gauges. Had EGT, Man Pressure, RPM, Vert Speed..in case anyone needs an old one...

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Thanks for trying, Kent. :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• My recommendation would be to replace both fuel senders with CIES Inc. digital senders and an AeroSpace Logic digital display. You will not regret it and they are far more accurate than the OEM.

As for the oil temp, if you cannot find a replacement analog gauge, your next option might be replacing all primary analog instruments with a digital analyzer. Not cheap but effective.

• Thanks Kent, I will look into CIES. In the meantime my A&P found a rebuild shop to get by right now, but the upgrade recommendation is what I am really looking for. Thanks Larry.