Where do you like to travel with your airplane?

Hi everyone,
We're compiling a list of popular places to travel with your airplane. If you have places to recommend, please reply below. We'll be publishing the list soon since Spring is coming!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator
    edited February 2021

Places that I've been to that I have truly enjoyed are: Mackinac Island, Michigan. Nassau, Bahamas. Key West, Florida. Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I would list Asheville, NC, ie…The Grove Park Inn, the Greenbrier, Gatlinburg, TN, and French Lick Resort, French Lick, IN. Mackinac is on my “short list”, as is Cedar Key, FL.

I have a friend in Asheville, I like that area. And Gatlinburg, too. My parents took me to French Lick when I was little, I'll have to look that up and see if I remember it. Thanks so much for your comments!! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I'll toss in the list, Gaston's, 3M0, in north-west Arkansas. A trout fishing resort in the Ozarks with top notch lodging, a great trout lunch or dinner, right on the bank of the White River. It's a quaint grass strip (3000') near Bull Shoals Lake. Unique also - are the free-range peacocks roaming on the grounds of the lodge! Didn't see any on the runway, fortunately. The kids and wives loved it.

Thanks very much. I'll look them up this evening! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• While walking around the grounds, I sort of wondered if all the corn fed fowl might be as good as their trout! :)

• Cool photos! Thanks for sharing