Hi from Europe

Hi,

I'm Mickael, a French pilot based in south of france, new to the forum.
I'm not a owner yet but searching ( since some time already now ) to buy a plane and i like cessna high wings.
I did my Private pilot in 2007 on Piper PA-38, then i flew Piper PA28, Socata TB-10, Cessna cardinal 177RG, Socata TB21, Cessna 172, Cessna 152.

I'm searching to buy : My flying will be only for pleasure travels in Europe.

I liked a lot the Cessna Cardinal it is great to fly for me. If i was living in USA, i think it will be the plane i will like to own and fly.
Unfortunately in Europe there is not so much long paved runways with avgas available everywhere like USA.

The downside of the cessna cardinal RG for me here is :

• difficult to found always avgas everywhere
  • lots of runways in grass available and take off performance is poor on the C177RG i used to fly.

So i was thinking of cessna 172 or cessna 182.
I understand some models of them accept Mogas and with fixed gear can accomodate better grass runways.

I'm asking you your ideas, do you thing i'm right ?

The only thing i never flew a cessna 182, so i have to found one owner next to me to try.

Sorry for my English mistakes ...

Best regards

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Thanks for your message above and I'm so happy that you've introduced yourself! Regarding Cessna's, my favorite is the 177 Cardinal. It looks fast while parked on the tarmac and it's just beautiful to look at! However, if it won't do the job for you then there's not much you can do. Second favorite is the 182 Skylane RG. Much faster than the 172 and can actually carry four persons. It has good range, too. Look into the 182 and fly a friends 182, if you can. Good luck and tell us which plane you buy!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Hello from Kentucky, USA.