Unleaded fuel decal

Looking forward to using the new unleaded fuel, reading the service bulletin had me wanting to get the the decals. I’m seeing 80+ for the labels??

Anyone know a better source?

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

I would wait a while. There are no refineries doing anything about producing fuel yet. This could take a few years...

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• The four required labels for a Cessna 172S cost $310.80

Why don't you just make the labels yourself?

Scott Sherer
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Any new discussion with the PTB about approval of UL fuels for older C172's that have orphan STC with O-360-A.. engines?

I have my finger on the pulse and will report when I hear something. Nothing lately.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• HESSAEROHESSAERO Comml SEL/MEL, Inst, A&P/IA

I can think of no reason you'd HAVE to buy fuel placards from Cessna. I have installed aftermarket placards on at least three airplanes, either after painting or because the old placards had become illegible.
    The availability of AVGAS to meet the published Cessna requirements seems rather uncertain. AFAIK nobody but Swift Fuels is making 94UL fuel per ASTM D7547. A look at the Swift distribution map shows seventy airports where UL94 is available across the entire country. In the southeast, where I live, there are TWO fields, both in Florida. None in AL, GA, NC, SC, MS, or Louisiana. Any FBO that wants to provide 94UL will have to invest in segregated fuel tankage and fueling trucks/pumps.
    There are blenders currently making 100VLL, primarily because they can make the fuel cheaper by blending in less TEL, but that product is handled and sold as 100LL. In the ASTM 910 spec 100VLL meets all the requirements of 100LL (which places a cap on TEL content but no lower limit). 100LL allows up to 0.53 ml/liter of TEL. 100VLL reduces that cap by about 20%.
    In theory GAMI is making 100UL, usable with a GAMI STC. I think that GAMI distribution is sparser than Swift Fuels. There is some concern that the anti-knock additive in Gami fuel may cause increased combustion chamber deposits.
    I look forward to being able to fill up with unleaded gas at my local FBO. But I'm not holding my breath.

• @Scott Sherer said:
    Why don't you just make the labels yourself?

That’s exactly what I did. Also made a logbook entry

Excellent! :) Can you post a pic?

Thanks for the update.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• @Scott Sherer said:
    Excellent! :) Can you post a pic?

Thanks for the update.

I just printed copies of the decal shown in the service bulletin