Baggage Tie Down in C-182T

Getting ready to head to Oshkosh and was trying to figure out the baggage net tie-down (first time using the net). Appears the net is just that with no buckles or tensioners. The attaching posts on the floor appear to just have a small hole in the post. The question is how do I connect the two? Or better what’s missing? Have any of you removed the pax seat for a larger cargo area?

Appreciate any insight. POH is not any help that I can see.

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Hmm, never used it, lol. Sorry but hoping you can get it figured out okay.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I have a T182T. What I did was put “D” rings through the posts on the floor and back baggage area. I did not like the supplied net so went to REI and got a couple of their cargo nets. I replaced the cargo clips with carabiners that clip into the D-rings.

In my setup, I had two nets that were clipped together at one end and went over the rear seat and clipped around the front legs of the seat to hold cargo on the seat.

Several folks do take out the rear seat and have a separate Weight and Balance sheet for that scenario.

• Scott ShererScott Sherer COO Forum Moderator

Thanks very much, Larry!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Cessna Owners Organization Forum Moderator and Cessna Owners Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Larry. I ended up doing a lot of the same things. I ended up using carabiners for the post but ended up not finding suitable tensioners for the net. We made it work but my first life as a C-130 Loadmaster told me that Cessna had probably addressed cargo restraints somewhere.

I did end up removing the backs of the back seat. Next time I may pull the entire back seat for more space. The only reason I didn’t remove them this time is I didn’t want to mess with the AMSAFE seatbelt box under the seat. Maybe for Triple- Tree.

Steve